Brooklyn Boot Camp
Minister in the Inner City
Brooklyn Boot Camp provides an opportunity for individuals or groups to experience inner city life in New York while ministering to the kids and community. You will live, work and learn what it takes to bring the Gospel to your city. If you believe you have what it takes, give us one week of your life and see how it changes you.
Boot Camp Runs From:
MARCH — JUNE
SEPTEMBER — DECEMBER
Boot Camp Prices:
- Individuals: $495
- Groups of 5 or more: $485 (per person)
- Groups of 10 or more: $450 (per person)
- SCHEDULE and AVAILABILITY
If you’d like more information about Boot Camp, please fill out and submit the following form, or check out our FAQs below.
Click here for more information about Boot Camp
What is Brooklyn Boot Camp?
Six days (Tuesday — Sunday) of action packed ministry, challenges and training. Note: Metro’s Brooklyn Boot Camp is definitely not for everyone. This is a tough program. It is only for mature Christians who are serious about being effective in ministry. If you are willing to give up one week of your life and come to Brooklyn, then we will give you the know-how to reach people in your city.
Who is Brooklyn Boot Camp for?
We organize Boot Camp for all mature Christians. We love to have youth groups (16 years and older), Bible school students, special groups (Sunday School teachers, etc.) or individuals. Be informed that we need one adult leader for every four to five teens under 18 years of age. As leaders, you have all the time to bond with your youth, as we take care of the details!
What will I do?
You will be involved in many parts of our Ministry. We’ll have you busy from early in the morning until late at night. From ministry classes to real ministry, from team building to one on one visitation and from the darkest streets of the inner city to the brightest lights in Times Square, you’ll see and do it all.
What will I learn?
You’ll learn what it takes to be effective in the inner city. You’ll also learn to face your fears at any level and see that YOU CAN do it. There is a fine balance between workshops and real-life experience. You won’t just see what Metro does in New York; you will be able to take the vision back to your own town or city.
What will I get?
Once you arrive at the airport or our ministry, we take care of everything else. Your stay with us includes housing, three meals a day, transportation to all Boot Camp activities and teaching materials. You’ll leave NYC with more than just nice pictures; you’ll leave here with a different mindset and a different view of inner-city ministry.
What does it cost?
$495 for individuals, $485 per person for groups of 5-9, or $450 per person for groups of 10 or more.
When does Boot Camp take place?
We run Boot Camp all weeks of our Spring (March — June) and Fall (September — December) semesters. Call our office at 718-453-3352 for availability and more booking details.
What is Summer Boot Camp?
Summer Boot Camp runs during the summer months outside of our regular semesters, providing students and youth groups the opportunity to experience the ministry.
How do I reserve a spot in Boot Camp?
Anybody who is considering coming to Brooklyn Boot Camp needs to register directly and pay through our website. Once we’ve found a suitable date for you and your group, you are required to pay $100 per bootcamper as a non-refundable deposit ($500 non-refundable deposit for groups of 5 or more). This will guarantee your spot. We work on a first come, first serve basis. For questions about reservations and bookings, please call 718-453-3352.
How do I pay?
A $100 per person non-refundable deposit ($500 non-refundable deposit for groups of 5 or more) is required at the time of booking to hold your reservation. The remaining amount must be paid two weeks prior to arrival. All payments can be done on the website once you have logged into your registration.
Where will I sleep during Boot Camp?
You will stay in ministry provided, shared-accommodations. We will provide mattresses, and there will be separate bathrooms & showers for men and women.
What do I need to bring?
You are only allowed ONE medium suitcase, and ONE back pack (which you can also use during the day to keep your stuff with you)
Please bring the following items:
- Bedding — sleeping bag or comforter. We do provide a mattress for you to sleep on.
- Sleepwear. Because of shared accommodations, you must wear pajamas or “shirt & shorts”
- Suitable clothing for “dirty” work projects
- Rain coat/wind-breaker
- Winter clothing in November/December and March/April — including a hat! It can get very, very cold in N.Y. Long underwear is advised in these months.
- Summer clothes. Because of SAFETY ISSUES we keep a dress code in the summer — All shorts and skirts need to be level with your knee. No belly button shirts. No tank tops with thin shoulder straps. (Shoulders need to be covered for MEN AND WOMEN)
- Suitable, casual clothing for our Sunday Service
- Bible, notebook and pen
- Some pocket money. Don’t carry too much, but bring a debit or credit card. (Even if you would like to buy something from the Metro Store, you can pay with these cards)
How do I get to Metro World Child?
We will provide transportation to and from JFK and LaGuardia airports only. If you choose to fly into the Newark airport it will be a $65 cab ride to and from the ministry, plus tolls (we will provide directions.). Please also note that travel time from Newark is 1-2 hours depending on traffic. If you plan to drive, please provide us with the details regarding the number and size of your vehicles at the time of booking. You will be responsible for the security of your own car, as we cannot guarantee secured parking, therefore we will not be responsible should any damage to vehicles occur. [link to Visit Us page]
When making your travel arrangements, please keep in mind:
- Arrive in New York Tuesday morning no later than 11 a.m.
- Sunday Afternoon departure — we’ll have you at the airport at 1:30 p.m.
- For domestic flights, you need to be at the airport 90 minutes before departure, and for international flights, three hours.
- We cannot pick up on Mondays, but we can provide information on hotels surrounding both JFK and LaGuardia airports where you can stay if you choose to fly in on a Monday.